Redmine is an open source project management application.
Configuring Redmine to Send Email¶
Configure Redmine to send mail.
Open an SSH session to your account.
Open $HOME/webapps/app/redmine/config/configuration.yml, in a text editor, where app is the name of the Redmine application.
Under default: replace these lines:
email_delivery: delivery_method: :smtp smtp_settings: address: smtp.example.net port: 25 domain: example.net authentication: :login user_name: "email@example.com" password: "redmine"
with these lines:
email_delivery: delivery_method: :smtp smtp_settings: enable_starttls_auto: true address: smtp.webfaction.com port: 587 domain: <domain> authentication: :plain user_name: "<mailbox>" password: "<password>"
- <domain> is the domain name your Redmine application will send mail from (such as example.com),
- <mailbox> is a mailbox name as it appears on the WebFaction control panel (for example, username_redmine), and
- <password> is the mailbox’s password.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the Redmine application. Enter $HOME/webapps/app/bin/restart and press Enter.
Set up a valid destination for testing Redmine email notifications.
- Sign in to your Redmine website with an admin account.
- Click My account. The My account form appears.
- In the Email field, enter the email address where you want to receive Redmine notifications.
- Click the Save button. A confirmation message appears.
Configure the outgoing email address and test the email notifications.
- Click Administration. The Administration list appears.
- Click Settings. The General configuration tab appears.
- Click the Email notifications tab.
- In the Emission email address field, enter the email address you want Redmine to use to send outgoing messages (such as firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click Save. A confirmation message appears.
- Click Send a test email. A confirmation message appears.
Check your email. If a message from Redmine arrives, you have successfully configured Redmine to send email.